Yayasan Sime Darby invitesÂ Sime Darby Berhad employees who are interested to pursue diploma and undergraduate studies locally on a part-time basis or full time postgraduate studies overseas in fields of study which are relevant to Sime Darbyâ€™s business needs.
1) Eligibility and Minimum Requirement
Applicant for this programme must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Employee must be in full time employment in Sime Darby Berhad or its subsidiaries in Malaysia only;
2. Employee must receive an approval from the respective Head of Department;
3. Employee must have a minimum of three (3) years of service within Sime Darby Group of Companies;
4. Employee must submit application for enrolment into university or secure conditional offer letter prior to submission of scholarship application;
5. This privilege will not be extended to employees in associated corporations Associate Companies means companies which Sime Darbys shareholding is less than 50%).
2) Accepted Fields of Study
Scholarships will be offered to employee who are inclined to pursue the following fields of study, subject to university admission's offer and approval from the respective Divisional Human Resource:
Field of Study
Engineering, Science & Technology
Note: Scholarships for courses other than mentioned above are not available.
3) Accepted Universities
- Part time studies - Public or private recognized academic institutions in Malaysia.
- Full time studies - Top notch overseas universities in the area of study to be undertaken by the employee Â Â Â
4) Value of Scholarship
The scholarship will cover full tuition and academic fees, monthly allowance (for full time studies only), books allowance, and computer allowance.
5) ServiceÂ Bond Period
On completion of studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Group of Companies forÂ 2 to 6 years, depending on the duration and value of the award.Â
6) Scholarship Application
Manual application for 2015 intake is available from 3 March to 2 April 2015.
Please submit the completed application forms together with all relevant supporting documents to the address as below:
Education Sponsorship Team
Yayasan Sime Darby
Level 19, Wisma Sime Darby
Jalan Raja Laut
50350 Kuala Lumpur
Note: Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient supporting documents will be rejected.