Ajinomoto Post-Graduate Scholarship enables students from Malaysia who are highly interested to pursue an overseas master degree in the field of science (except Medicine and Veterinary Medicine) to be enrolled at the University of Tokyo and secure scholarships before their arrival in Japan.
It aims to cultivate individuals capable of leading Asia in the twenty-first century and to contribute to the development of Asia and the world as well as to mutual understanding between Malaysia and Japan.
Scholarships will be provided for maximum 3 years, 1 year studying as a Research Student and maximum 2 years studying in a master course.
There are two types of Ajinomoto Scholarship:
- Research Student Program + Master's Course Student Program (Three-years program);
- Master's Course Student Program (Two-years program)
- Research Student at graduate school: Â¥150,000 / month (for maximum 1 year);
- Master course at graduate school: Â¥180,000/month (for maximum 2 years);
- Examination, Admission and Tuition fees: covered in full;
- Airfare to Japan: Provide one way air ticket from Malaysia to Japan (economy class flight ticket, in principle).
Applicants who wish to enroll in a masterâ€™s course and major in one of the sciences (except medicine and veterinary medicine) at the University of Tokyo and who fulfill the following requirements and qualifications:
- Applicants must be citizens of Malaysia;
- Applicants must have graduated or be expected to graduate with an excellent academic record (with 16 years of education completed or expected to be completed) and must receive the recommendation of their university president or academic advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll in the University of Tokyo;
- Applicants must not be more than 35 year of age by 1 April 2016;
- Applicants must acquire adequate Japanese language proficiency that is required in order to research and study in a masterâ€™s course, when enrolling as a masterâ€™s course student of the University of Tokyo;
- Applicants must apply from Malaysia and be able to attend selection procedures when necessary;
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health and have a strong motivation for learning;
- Applicants must not be receiving other scholarships.
How To Apply:
- Download and complete the application form and study program forms:
- Application Guidelines 2016
- Ajinomoto Post-Graduate Scholarship 2016 Application Form
- Field of Study and Study Program 2016
- Recommendation Form 2016
- Appendix 1 2016
- Appendix 2 2016
- Completed application forms, study program form and the following documents must be placed in an envelope:
- Transcript of scholastic record issued by the university or graduate school attended (no photocopies, must be written in Japanese or English);
- Completed Recommendation Form (either from University President, Dean or Academic Advisor);
- Other documents that may support your application (The required document vary according to course. Please refer to Appendix 2 for details).
- All documents must be sent through courier to:
Lot 5710, Jalan Kuchai Lama, Petaling
58200 Kuala Lumpur
Successful candidates for interview will be informed via email.